While some complain that the oil can block the pores on our body and cause blackheads, we explore some real claim backed by research about coconut oil and how it can help your skin.
Skin, being the largest organ of the body, functions as the necessary interface between the internal and the external environment. Our skin continuously protects the body from noxious stimuli, e.g., microorganisms, ultraviolet (UV) irradiation, allergens, and irritants. Its unique role and function is a direct result of its structure and makeup, particularly of the most superficial part, the epidermis.
With so much significance, the skin forms an essential part of our body to reflect how we feel and what we do. As we continue our series on #skinimalism , we will talk about coconut oil – the age-old healing plant oil and its effects on our skin.
Six reasons why coconut oil is beneficial for your skin:
- Coconut oil is used in cooking but can also be applied to the skin or hair. That is because coconut oil is rich in saturated fat and medium-chain fatty acids, especially lauric acid.
- The fatty acids found loaded in coconut oil have antimicrobial properties that effectively kill bacteria and fungi and do that when applied to your skin.
- In a study on rats were fed different types of oil, including coconut oil, olive oil and sunflower oil. After observing for a month and a half, the results showed that virgin coconut oil had improved antioxidant status and prevented oxidative stress to the greatest extent. That means coconut oil may relieve inflammation by increasing the antioxidant state & decreasing oxidative stress.
- The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of coconut oil and its components could help treat acne.
- Did you know a study conducted on the effects of coconut oil on eczema has shown around a 68% decrease in severity when treated with coconut oil? Coconut oil can be an effective moisturizer and aid in the treatment of dry skin and eczema.
- Animal studies have shown that coconut oil may help accelerate wound healing. The study showed better results in healing burn wounds when used in combination with an antibiotic.
At Atrimed PlantScience, we use the healing properties of coconut oil to the best use in many of our skincare products. Coconut remains one of the prominent ingredients in our PlantScience Anti-ageing cream that heals, rejuvenates and improves your skin.
Check out our PlantScience Carebox for a budget-friendly collection of premium skincare and hair care products. With all the right combinations in one box, we bring you the best of plants in an awesome gift option. Click here to order one on amazon today or visit www.atrimed.in for more info.
WHAT IS PLANTSCIENCE?
PlantScience blog is an insightful discussion to understand and explain the science behind the great success of plants – how plants live, survive. Nature at its best is a great repository of knowledge and most of it is still a mystery to our minds. However, at Atrimed PlantScience, we have willed ourselves to research, understand the best-kept secrets of Nature and use that knowledge to the betterment of our health. We believe in thinking beyond, knowing beyond and using the best research capabilities to understand the science plants use to live, thrive, adapt and grow. In this blog, you would find details of some interesting plant facts, the science behind them, snippets of history, updates about science and many interesting secrets. Read, subscribe, share your comments about PlantScience with us. Thank you!
You might like our PlantScience skincare offerings that will help heal, restore and nurture your skin in the most natural way – With the goodness of plants in their purest form and in the scientific way possible. Click here to check out our PlantScience store today.