Now that we are all aware of the importance immunity levels have in our recovery, thanks to the current state of health awareness, we bring you the superfoods you can rely on to help build your immunity naturally. Though these foods can help you, they are by no means a substitute for the medications your doctor prescribes you. So talk to your doctor about any questions you might have.
Here are five superfoods you must have to boost your immunity.
1. Turmeric: In the research published by the Public Library of Science(PLOS), a compound found called turmeric is known to have anti-inflammatory properties which help to boost your immunity. Turmeric helps to fight viruses. Turmeric contains around 300 nutrients, including vitamin C, fiber, iron, niacin, potassium, zinc, etc.
2. Tulsi is one of the primary sources of vitamin C and zinc. It is a natural immunity booster and keeps away infections. Vana tulsi which is also known as wild tulsi, is cultivated around the Himalayas and it has a strong aroma that helps in boosting immunity. Tulsi comes with vitamin C, antioxidants, antiseptic and antiviral properties.
3. Broccoli: Broccoli is a vegetable that is rich in vitamin C, D, E, and K and antioxidants. In this pandemic, eating a green vegetable is very necessary for your health. It is also beneficial to your digestive system as it is rich in fiber.
4. Moringa: Also known as drumstick,it is highly rich in vitamins and minerals that keeps our immune system stronger, active, and healthy. It is high in antioxidants, iron, and vitamin A. It controls blood sugar levels. It is also helpful for your bones and joints.
5. Carrot: Carrot is very important for our immune system because it is high in antioxidants and vitamin A, which helps fight infections, inflammations, and cell damage. We can consume it as a salad or in the form of juice.
WHAT IS PLANTSCIENCE?
PlantScience blog is an insightful discussion to understand and explain the science behind the great success of plants – how plants live, survive. Nature at its best is a great repository of knowledge and most of it is still a mystery to our minds. However, at Atrimed PlantScience, we have resolved to investigate, comprehend, and apply nature’s best-kept secrets for the benefit of our health. We believe in thinking beyond, knowing beyond and using the best research capabilities to understand the science plants use to live, thrive, adapt and grow. In this blog, you will find details of some interesting plant facts, the science behind them, snippets of history, updates about science and many interesting secrets. Read, subscribe, share your comments about PlantScience with us. Thank you!