Pumpkins facts & health benefits
- Pumpkins originated in North America around 5500 BC
- Pumpkins are fruits, not vegetables
- Pumpkins grow (almost) everywhere
- Pumpkin word originated from “pompions,” which meant ‘gross melons’
- Pumpkins are 90% water
- Pumpkins are full of valuable nutrients, high in antioxidants
- Pumpkins are linked to a reduced risk of certain cancers
- They are known to improve prostate and bladder health
- Very high in heart-healthy magnesium, iron
- Can lower blood sugar levels
- High in fiber
So check out a good recipe and indulge yourself on pumpkins. Celebrate the festival of Halloween and stay safe. Check out the origin story of Halloween here.
WHAT IS PLANT SCIENCE?
Nature at its best is a great repository of knowledge and most of it is still a mystery to our minds. However, at Atrimed PlantScience, we have willed ourselves to research, understand the best-kept secrets of Nature and use that knowledge to the betterment of our health. We believe in thinking beyond, knowing beyond and using the best research capabilities to understand the science plants use to live, thrive, adapt and grow. In this blog, you would find details of some interesting plant facts, the science behind them, snippets of history, updates about science and many interesting secrets. Read, subscribe, share your comments with us. Thank you!
You might like our skin care offering that will help heal, restore and nurture your skin in the most natural way – With the goodness of plants in their most purest form and in the scientific way possible. Click here to check out our store today.