One of nature’s finest gifts to us is – the neem plant. With several incredible health benefits, the Neem plant is often considered nature’s pharmacy plant. No wonder Neem plant’s parts feature in many medicines. Here we explore five benefits of the Neem plant.
1. Anti-fungal and anti-bacterial: Neem leaves are used to treat fungal and bacterial infections. It works wonders on the skin not just to heal but to restore its natural properties and lustre. They are used to treating warts as well as chickenpox. Either the paste is applied to the affected area or the person is made to bathe in neem water.
2. Wonderful for oral hygiene: Did you know our oral hygiene holds the door to the buildup of harmful pathogens and infection spreading germs? Neem, with its active properties, works to decrease the microorganism culture and germs from attacking your body. Some people chew neem leaves regularly as they promote fresh breath, maintains a pH level in the saliva, and protect oral health from any sort of decay. No wonder neem is an active ingredient present in many kinds of toothpaste.
3. Nature’s toothbrush: If you have lived in a village for a few days, you would remember brushing your teeth with the neem twigs. Chewing neem twigs for dental hygiene and care is an age-old Indian tradition. In Indian households, people used to brush their teeth using twigs of neem. Due to its anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal properties, it keeps away all sorts of dental infections and diseases easily.
4. Boosts immunity: Neem tea and capsules are recommended for boosting immunity too. Several Ayurveda experts recommend a daily intake of neem capsules. Neem tea is also widely prescribed to reduce fever, especially malaria. Though it tastes bitter, neem can be an excellent medicine.
5. Restores skin: As an excellent source of moisturizer for the skin, Neem oil, with the vitamins in it moisturize and condition your skin, making it clearer and youthful. Vitamin E in neem oil repairs the damaged skin and also limits the effect of seasonal changes that can lead to skin damage.
At Plant Science by Atrimed, we dip into the secrets of Neem for identifying the right combination for the right ailment and create the plant molecules that help the best results. You would be glad to know that we have one of the largest plant molecules in the world and strive to be ahead in researching the best-known secrets of nature for good health.
To know more about Plant Science by Atrimed and interesting plant science facts, follow us on social media or write to us.